Sweet, crisp cake melting in the mouth, apples, the smell of cinnamon … This is how you can describe the apple pie in a nutshell. This homemade baking probably tastes to everyone, and in addition is simple to make. We suggest how to bake a delicious home-made apple pie. How to make apple pie? Here comes the answer.
Recipe for apple pie
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
- 250 g butter, cold
- 2 flat teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 egg
- approx. 1.5 kg of apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar
A method of preparing:
- Prepare a shortcrust pastry: From flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, butter (cut into small pieces), eggs and baking powder, knead the uniform dough with your hand or a food processor.
- The ball should be formed into a ball, slightly flattened and wrapped in cling film. Put in the fridge while preparing apple mousse.
- Wash, peel, remove the apples and cut into small cubes or grate the apples. Mix with 2 tablespoons of sugar and fry until a mousse is formed. Add cinnamon and allow to cool.
- Cover a square mold with dimensions of approx. 24×24 cm with baking paper.
- Put half the dough on the bottom of the mold. Lay out apple mousse. Tear off pieces from the remaining dough and arrange them on apple mousse.
- The dough should be baked in a preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes, until the dough browns nicely, at 180 ° C (top-down heater). Leave to cool.
Classic Apple Pie
Apple pie is a traditional American apple pie, which is usually baked in a round form. To prepare it you will need:
For shortcrust pastry:
- 420g wheat flour
- 1 level tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 330g cold butter
- approx. 160ml cold water
To prepare the filling:
- 4- 5 apples
- 35g wheat flour
- approx. 70-100g of sugar depending on the acidity of apples
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Cut the butter into small cubes and put in the freezer for a while. Mix flour, salt and sugar. Add chilled butter and mix until it looks like crumble.
- Add 140ml of very cold water and mix until all ingredients combine well. Form a ball from the dough, flatten it and wrap it in cling film. Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours. At the end of cooling, prepare the filling.
- Wash, peel, cut apples into quarters, and cut out the seed nests. Cut into thin slices one after the other. Mix thoroughly with flour, cinnamon and sugar.
- Divide the dough in half. One half must be rolled out to a thickness of approx. 2-3 mm. Transfer the dough to a form smeared with butter or margarine. Spread apples on the dough.
- Roll out the other half to a thickness of 2-3 mm. Now we have two options. Cut the dough into strips about 2 cm wide. Arrange the strips on the dough to form a grid. Glued edges well. Cut off protruding ends.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 210 ° C. After this time, reduce the temperature to 190 ° C, cover the dough with aluminum foil from above and bake for another 50 minutes. The dough is ready, as it will have a golden brown color.